Mojo Community Terms and Conditions
Information about the “Mojo Community”
The Mojo Community feature on MojoReporter is operated by Publisher’s Toolbox (“We”, “Us”), a UK registered company with registered offices in 23 St Leonards Road, Bexhill-On-Sea, East Sussex, United Kingdom, TN40 1HH.
Mojo Community is a Challenge platform that asks content capturers to access, view, engage with, and share digital content on the public Mojo Community platform.
We grant you and other users the right to access Mojo Community and its contents under the conditions defined herein.
Content and comments uploaded to Mojo Community undergo a moderation process before they are published to any public-facing Mojo Community platforms – including the Mojo Community Web Portal and MojoReporter app. All content must follow the terms and conditions set forth below:
- When obtaining and representing your media; do so truthfully, accurately and fairly.
- Present content in a balanced manner and in contect. Do not neglect the facts, do not distort, exaggerate or misrepresent information.
- You are not permitted to upload plagiarized media content.
- Visual or audio content should not identify rape survivors, survivors of sexual violence, sexual intimidation and harassment; without their consent.
- Visual or audio content should not disclose the status of people with HIV / AIDS without their consent.
- Content must not mislead the audience. Multimedia content shall not misrepresent or mislead or be manipulated.
- When presenting visuals on children, take ethical practices on media reporting into account. Visuals and audio depicting dead children, child victims, children survivors of abuse or violence should not be uploaded.
- A child shall not be photographed or identified without the consent of a legal guardian or of a similarly responsible adult and the child.
- When representing violence or death, take the nature of the content and the sensitivity thereof into account. Should such content be deemed necessary under the context of responsible multimedia contribution, (still exercising caution around families and friends who will be affected by such content) the post must be labelled clearly for the audience to exercise their right to choose if they want to see the content. Eg: Graphic Content. Not for sensitive viewers.
- You are not permitted to publish porn of any nature.
- Do not discriminate or make denigratory references to people’s race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth or another status, and not refer to such status in a prejudicial or pejorative context – and shall refer to the above only where it is strictly relevant to the matter, and if it is in the public interest; balance their right and duty to publish and comment on all matters of legitimate public interest against the obligation not to publish material that amounts to propaganda for war, incitement of imminent violence or hate speech – that is, advocacy of hatred that is based on race, ethnicity, gender or religion and that constitutes incitement to cause harm
- When sharing, curating, citing content taken from the internet, it is important to make reference to your source – be it a screen capture, photo, post, video, meme and other visual and audio content.
- When curating, citing content from the internet, you can only use 30% of that content, which must be credited.
- Content may not be used for any commercial, advertising, advertorial, endorsement or merchandising purposes.
- You may not reproduce, modify, alter or otherwise exploit the contents to any other computer, server, website or other mediums for publication or distribution, unless you are sharing to social media platforms.
- Any use of the contents on social media platforms shall, by best practice, tag the source of the contents, the photographer, blogger, etc, when possible.
- You are not permitted to cast a negative light on Publisher’s Toolbox or Our activities, businesses, products or brands.
You are further prohibited from:
- Using any Content to modify it towards an association with illegal products, content, services or materials; coverage of accidents, assaults, disaster or uproar.
- Using Mojo Community or its contents in any unlawful, threatening, racist, libellous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, pornographic or otherwise objectionable way, or violate any applicable law and/or for the publication of, linking to, issue or display any material, that contain any virus, trojan horse or other harmful code or script; or
- Encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law.
While utmost care has been taken to ensure that the terms and conditions address all concerns of community building within Mojo Community, MojoReporter still intends to further establish an ongoing process to refine and maintain these guidelines in the future, driven by information gathered as well as industry and participant feedback.
Termination of Account
MojoReporter reserves the right to cancel the account of users who upload content in violation of the stated UGC guidelines. To report any UGC Community content that may be considered to have violated the Mojo Community guidelines, please contact [email protected].
Scope of Application
These terms and conditions apply to Mojo Community and its content, including all photos, videos, audio, and GPS locations. By accessing Mojo Community or using any content, you agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, you should not make use of Mojo Community or its content.
If you have any questions or comments concerning Mojo Community or its content, you may contact us at [email protected].
Intellectual Property Rights:
All content on Mojo Community, including content provided by you or any third parties, is protected by copyright, personal rights, registered designs, patents, trademarks, service marks, design rights, database rights, trade secrets, rights of confidence and other similar rights. All rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved by Us.
By posting content to our Mojo Community you agree that your media, in the form of photos, videos or audio files, may be published to Mojo Reporter’s website and/or social media platforms, or those of any participating 3rd party sponsors in the express interests of the promotion of the material, yourself and the Mojo Community platform. When sharing others’ content, you agree to at all times reference/tag the owner of the post wherever possible.
By responding to a Challenge on Mojo Community, you will be granting MojoReporter and any participating 3rd party sponsor a non-exclusive, royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, assign, translate, create derivatives work from, distribute and display the User Content (or any part of it) and its related content; and that we may include the User Content (or any part of it and its related content) into other works for any Purpose.
You agree to fully indemnify and hold Us, Our affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents harmless in respect of all liabilities, damages, claims, actions, expenses, demands or costs (including any legal fees in relation to such claim or damages) incurred by Us arising from, or in connection with, (i) Your use of Mojo Community or its contents outside the scope of these Terms, (ii) any breach or alleged breach by you of these Terms or (iii) your violation of any law or infringement of third party rights.
You acknowledge and agree that you access, post and use Mojo Community or its contents at your own risk on an “as is” and “as available” basis and that We are not liable for any errors or omissions in any Content, Service, any availability or delivery (including without limitation whether caused by interruption, deletion, delay in operation, transmission, communication line, errors, omissions or computer virus, trojan horses, or other harmful code or script), nor any damages related thereto.